TALKING ABOUT ENGLISH AND ME





My name is Pablo and despite having studied English all my life practically since school, I don’t have any level of English because I have never signed up for an academy and got the degree. Supposedly for the course I stay and my grades I am between a B2 and a C1.

Of the four skills my favorite is Reading, I love reading and in English especially you learn a lot of vocabulary although you have to invest a lot of time in searching for words to know well of the story and that you learn. Always in high school and in the university I have been sent books in English and then we have done exams and I have always approved all of them, and I have even bought books for Amazon in English because they are cheaper and I have read them.

A skill that I like very much is Listening, but despite the fact that I have been practicing everything in English for more than 5 years: series, movies, etc. I do not have as much level as I should. The problem I think is that I always put the subtitles in Spanish and that is a skill that is not working since childhood, which should be very associated with speaking.
The speaking and writing are the skills that are worst given to me.

On the one hand, I love talking in English with my friends but when I have to officially examine myself from speaking I always get very nervous and do not build sentences well. However, with respect to pronunciation I have learned a lot and improved this year with the subject of phonetics.

On the other hand, writing has always given me bad ... defend and write about the topic you want, but not as well as I would in Spanish.

In general, if I think that each person is better in one skill than in another because we are all very different but if you look at most almost everyone has a greater fear and problem with speaking and listening, and perhaps the cause of this is that in children is where these skills should be exploited to the maximum and not to put children to read or write, always speak in English, whenever possible ... and above all eliminate that pressure to speak in English in front of the public because today is a topic that creates a lot of nerves and does not let you give the best of you.

Comentarios

Entradas populares